You are here
David Thomas Nicol, PhD
Our world is passing through an initiatory crisis. We are linked together in an epic evolutionary drama, and we are all called to play our part. What is the role of spiritual practice in this Great Work? How can we learn to harness the power of consciousness to support a shift to a planetary culture of wisdom, joy, and peace? What new capacities for collective healing might be found in the development of highly coherent groups of spiritually awakened individuals?
In this presentation, David Thomas Nicol will share about the path of subtle activism—the use of consciousness-based practices like meditation and prayer for collective (rather than individual) transformation. David will also describe the Gaiafield Synergy approach that has emerged in his work as a unique method for developing profound levels of group coherence to support personal and collective change. David will then guide a Gaiafield Synergy practice designed to infuse a spirit of truthfulness into our national body politic.
At this presentation you will:
· Learn about the path of subtle activism as an antidote to the chaos of our times
· Hear the theory behind the Gaiafield Synergy method of working with groups for deep personal and collective healing
· Experience a Gaiafield Synergy practice to support honesty in our national politics (admittedly a tall task!)
· Learn about an inspiring 24-hour global vigil occurring in early December -- One World Bearing Witness – and the local event taking place at Spirit House.
· Develop renewed hope for the direction of our world and a greater sense of how you can contribute to the shift.
David T. Nicol, PhD is the author of Subtle Activism: The Inner Dimension of Social and Planetary Transformation (SUNY Press). He is also Founder and Executive Director of the Gaiafield Project and Institute for Subtle Activism. He teaches on subtle activism for the Shift Network and for the Institute for Subtle Activism. A former environmental lawyer from Australia, he now lives in Mendocino with his wife Kate and dogs Jackson and Peaches.